What is the best way to wash silk? General: never use chemical cleaning agents. Do not add bleach, do not scrub, do not wring, do not tumble dry.
- Hand-washing or machine washing at 30 degrees centigrade with a fine washing detergent that is colour-protective and suitable for silk. Hand-wash: rinse with tepid water afterwards.
- Machine washing: gentle wash, 30 degrees Celsius. Do not centrifuge.
- Shake off redundant water and hang out to dry.
- Do not dry in the sun or close to radiators.
- The slightly moist silk can be ironed at the ‘silk’ setting (usually dot 1) of the iron. Preferably iron on the inside/back.
- In general: never use chemical detergents.
- Do not add bleach, do not scrub, do not wring, do not tumble-dry.
If you follow these tips, your silk will stay beautiful for longer.